Monday 2 November 2009

Happy Hallowe'en

A very happy Hallowe'en to you! Or happy new year to those celebrating Samhain :)

How did you spend your Hallowe'en this year? I spent mine going a bit pumpkin crazy! Having bought no less than 3 pumpkins, I needed to find a range of wonderfully pumpkin-y things to cook. First off I went for my first attempt at the American classic pumpkin pie. A crisp pate brisee base (slightly sweetened shortcrust pastry) but topped it with crushed pecans and ginger biscuits. Then the filling - a mixture of pureed pumpkin, whipping cream and lovely autumn spices. This seemed to need a lot of sugar, as our pumpkins have turned out very light coloured and watery this year - not sweet at all! Still after baking I got a lovely pumpkin pie - fab with cream and pecan praline!

Hmm the photo of this has gone missing......let me find it!

Next, more inspired by pumpkin than containing it - but the cutest spooky cupcakes ever. Take a look at these!



And....how about these pumpkin patch cakes - pumpkin and carrot cake!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angelique, it's Veronica from St. A! Totally out of the blue, I know, but I have often thought about you and wondered what you were up to and how you were doing. I am pretty sure this is the right Angelique so if you want to contact me it would be great to hear from you again! Drop me an e-mail at my full name (with a dot in between forename and surname)@gmail.com
    All the best,
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete